Category : Parenting
Just like you, your little kids are in need of some good sleep. They have to go to school the next day and have to keep up with the tuition and extra curriculum classes too. Moreover, little kids are way more fragile than adults and don’t have the power or mental strength to work the whole day if they fail to get good sleep.
On the other hand, these kids are rather energetic and always get attracted with new toys or video games, which can book them for hours. Therefore, putting them to sleep is a big ordeal for parents. No matter how hard they try, it is rather difficult to get a result and put them to sleep. Parents might eventually get a hold of their child and put him to sleep, but that will be too late at night. So, simple yet effective 10 steps are available to get your kids to bed and eventually to sleep faster than usual.
- Always remember to avoid feeding your child heavy meal before hitting the bed. Furthermore, make it a point to avoid anything in their diet charts which comprises of caffeine. Even if you do, make sure that they have it minimum 6 hours before bedtime.
- Some researchers clearly stated that any kind of stimulating activity after dinner can cause disruption in a proper sleep and will energize kids more often. Therefore, it is always mandatory to get them food as dinner and then restrict any kind of hardcore physical activity.
- Remember to create a relaxing and consistent bedtime routine for your little kids. This should last within a span of 20 to 30 minutes and it will end in the bedroom. Avoid letting them watch any kind of TV shows or scary movies, which might pump up their adrenaline rush.
- Always warn your child that bedtime is around few minutes away. You can even give them a choice on whether they want to hit the bed now or 5 minutes later. But make sure to perform this task only once and create a strict environment to let them follow your rules efficiently.
- It is not a good idea to rock your child to sleep or sing them a song. Because in any case the child wakes up in the middle of the night, it will be an ordeal for you to put her back to sleep. Then you might have to wake up too and rock your child to sleep or sing a song.
- In case your child calls for you after you just left the room, make sure to wait or few minutes before any kind of respond. This will work as a reminder that he should be asleep by now and will give him the right chance to soothe his mind and body.
- Always remember to create a comfortable environment for your child. Blankets and clothes should not restrict any kind of movement and the body temperature should be in a normal mode, not too cold or hot.
- You can sometime give your child some tool to overcome worries. For example, if your little one is scared of ghosts, give him a soft toy ad convince them that the item will protect him from his fears. That will soothe his mind for good and will help him to get down to better sleep.
- In case, your child has the tendency to leave the bed and walk after you leave the room, gently yet firmly make her walk into the room and put her in bed. Do not forget to remind her that its bedtime and she should follow the rules.
- Setting up reward system can always help big time to let your child go to sleep. Every night before going off to sleep, tell them to go to sleep on time and stay there and you might get a reward the next day. Give her one star each morning for a good night sleep, and if she ends up with three stars, she gets a prize. That will work as great bait and will let her fall asleep peacefully every night.
Remember to follow these simple tactics and you don’t have to worry about your child’s sleep ever again.
Some ideas taken from: https://www.parents.com/kids/sleep/10-tips-for-helping-your-child-fall-asleep/