Stubborn Belly fat and the best ways to get rid of it!
Category : Weightloss
Obesity has become an alarming problem worldwide. Out of all forms and type of fat, the most stubborn (and bulging) is the belly fat. People, regardless of their gender, look for ways to shrink belly fat.
In this article, we bring you the reasons why you are not getting rid of that belly fat, the causes, and some helpful tips to speed up the process.
Why is belly fat so stubborn?
This is one of the most asked questions by people all around the world. The answer to this is a little biological. The body fat is peripheral while the belly fat is visceral. Peripheral body fat is easy to put on and easier to melt away. Visceral fat is rigid and though it appears as a bulge, it is rock hard. That is particularly why it is difficult to shrink belly fat. It takes a lot of time and a lot of patience to start seeing results.
Causes of Belly Fat
There are various causes of belly fat. These may include
- There are good carbs and bad carbs. Good carbs are healthy and provide the sufficient nutrition required by the body to function properly in everyday routine. It is consumed in the form of energy. Bad carbs are the fat causing ones. They deposit in your body in the form of fat and the easiest target is the abdominal region.
- Age is an important factor that contributes to belly fat. Older people are more prone to developing a bulging tummy than the younger ones. The reason is that older people have a slower metabolism and therefore fat layers are more evident in elderly people.
- There are three body types and there is genetics involved. Some people eat right and regular exercise but still cannot shed the extra pounds. A few lucky ones can blame their genes.
- Hormones particularly a hormone called cortisol is commonly blamed for causing rigid body fat. Cortisol causes stress and stress is associated with weight gain.
Consequences of Belly Fat
There are many psychological and physical consequences of body fat. Psychologically it causes lower self-esteem, deteriorated confidence, and damaged body image. Physical appearance is very important. Physically and medically the consequences of belly fat can be life threatening and in the long run, fatal. It can lead to heart diseases, diabetes, breathing problems, lower levels of energy, stroke, paralysis and the list goes on.
Quick tips to shrink the belly
There are many places where you can find countless suggestions to shrink belly fat. We bring you a few selective and quick tips.
- Watch what you eat. It does not mean you have to starve yourself rather you just have to replace the bad with the good. Replace junk food with fresh fruits and vegetable; choose leaner cuts of meat and so on.
- Work out and choose the exercises that target the belly area. It is important to know what you are doing and what is the right way to do it.
- Sleep well. Sleeping well at night and letting your body rest is also very important to burn fat.
- Stay happy. Stress is caused by cortisol hormone and it is a fat causing hormone. So you would want to stay away from stress to stay fit and healthy.