Do you know Brisbane ranks 3rd in the list of largest cities in Australia? The city has 34 TV channels and five radio channels. The average household size in Brisbane is 2.4.
If you live with your family in Brisbane, mounting your TV on the wall is a good idea. It helps you hide the ugly mesh of wires and gives the entertainment room a clean look. To make things easy for you, we have shared tips for quick and cost-effective TV wall mounting.
Selecting a TV Mount
Four different types of TV mount can be used for the project:
- The Fixed TV mount is flushed against the wall. It keeps the TV in a fixed position. The fixed TV mount can be used by people who have separate TV rooms where the family can watch TV from a distance.
- The Swivel TV mount allows you to move the screen to the left or right. It will enable you to view from different angles and gives you ultimate freedom in screen angle adjustments.
- The Tilting TV wall mount allows you to angle the screen downwards for better viewing. This setup is useful when the TV is installed at a higher angle.
- The Full-motion TV wall mount gives you limitless freedom in viewing angle. You can move the screen to the left, right, up, and down quickly.
According to the company offering TV wall mounting in Brisbane, you need to be careful when selecting a TV mount. You need to consider the size and weight limits of the TV mount. Don’t forget to check your TV specifications and ensure that the mounting bracket’s TV mounting holes are compatible.
As per a recent survey, around 3.9% of households in Greater Brisbane have more than six people. In that case, you need to consider the comfort of every person while watching TV.
Get the Right Tools
If you plan to hang the TV on the wall yourself, you need to gather the right tools for the job. Here are some of the tools you need:
- A screwdriver
- Drills and bits
- Tape measure
If you have never done it before, it is always a good idea to call a company providing TV wall mounting in Brisbane. It will save you from unnecessary efforts, and the whole installation process will go smoothly.
Select a Location and Decide a Viewing Height
Mounting a TV on the wall is not an easy task. It requires good planning. You can save yourself from lots of stress and also save valuable time by planning. Here are some tips to follow:
- Select a location where you have easy access to a power outlet—the closer the power outlet, the better.
- Determine where you want to place the cable TV box, DVD players, or gaming consoles.
- Avoid choosing locations where you get direct sunlight.
- The wall you select should be strong enough to support the TV’s load and the AV equipment.
The next steps involve locating stud positions at the back of the TV, marking pilot holes, position wall mount, and drill the holes. After you have finished drilling holes, you can attach the mount to the wall.
The average cost of TV installation in Brisbane is lower than in cities like Sydney and Perth. A single TV installation project could cost $100 to $130. If you do not like a DIY project, it makes sense to hire professionals to do the job.