Bra Size Calculator
You Will Need To
Enter Your Band Size:
The value entered is out of range (63-107cm). Please measure the band size in cm and enter again.
How To Measure
- Wrap the tape around your chest, near the band.
- It should be snug, not too tight or loose.
- Make a note of this.
- Round it off to the next even number if it’s an odd measurement or in fractions.
Enter Your Cup Size:
The value entered is out of range (77-146cm). Please measure the band size in cm and enter again.
How To Measure
- Wrap the tape loosely around the fullest part of your breast. Or, measure at the nipple level.
- Round it off to the nearest or next whole number.
- Make a note of this final number
Your Bra Size Is:
No piece of clothing is as comforting and supportive as a perfectly fitted bra. Although it sounds easy just to know your bra size, it is not that seamless as various factors are involved, which most of us usually do not consider. In this blog post, we have enlisted the aspects of measuring the right bra size and the formula that helps you measure your accurate bra size.
Factors on Which Bra Size Depends
Accuracy is important while calculating your bra size, as this part of your closet needs to be perfectly yours. There are various bust sizes and shapes based on which a bra is selected. However, most women globally wear ill-fitted bra sizes because they are unaware of how to measure their bra size accurately.
A bra, if chosen the right way, helps define your body posture and gives your breasts firmness and support. Similarly, when you wear the wrong bra size, either it suffocates your breasts or make your upper body hang loosely. A nightmare for sure when attending a wedding, an official meeting, or a random catch-up with friends!
Moreover, when choosing a bra, some women prefer padded, while others prefer non-padded options. While a huge variety is available in the market, a bra calculator is vital in keeping your breasts firm by helping you pick the right bra. We know that female bodies are different, and so the breast size is. While you pick the bra that sits around your cleavage accurately, don’t forget to consider the following factors that help you choose the better-fitted bra.
You need to know the circumference of your breasts above the fullest region. This bust size measures your torso, and your bra size depends greatly upon the bust size.
The band size or frame size is defined as the firm circumference that is measured under your breasts. Band sizes are of different measurements in different regions, which is why a band size is not standardized across the globe.
Not all bra sizes have the same profile in two different countries due to the varied band and bust sizes which are different for different regions. This is why you need a bra size calculator that provides results that are handy, easy to extract, and closer.
Bra Size Calculator
There are several bra sizes that are made for different bodies and breasts, but picking the right one may require precise calculations of your breast. You probably are wearing the right size of bra but after certain events such as exercising, weight loss or gain, nursing, or age, you feel an alteration in the size of your breasts. This is when you need to analyze the right bra size through a bra measuring calculator based on the abovementioned factors.
Follow the given steps to measure the bra that fits you accurately.
- Wear an unpadded, underwire bra and stand relaxed in front of the mirror.
- Wrap a measurement tape around your cleavage, back, and underneath the breasts. Hold it tightly. The measurement tape should be leveled and not moving. The obtained number on the measurement tape is the band size.
- Wrap the measurement tape around the fullest part of the breast right above the nipples. The tape should be wrapped with no twists and shouldn’t be too tight. This is the measurement of your bust.
- Now take the bust measurements and subtract from it the band measurement, which was calculated before.
- The difference between these measurements represents your cup size; for instance, if the difference is 1, the cup size will be A; if it is 2, the cup size will be B, and so on.
- Our bra size calculator is also an effective tool to help you pick the bra that fits perfectly. It is the best bra size calculator that provides you the accurate output within seconds.
- Just put the snug measurements in inches at the designated cells and hit on the calculate button. You will get the right bra size along with the cup size with the click of a button.
Things to Remember While Picking the Right Bra
- The bra cup you select should properly cover the entire region of your breast, from front and sides, and none of your breasts should be looking out from any of the sides.
- Keep checking your bra size after every 4 to 6 months, especially if you are exercising or breastfeeding.
- Do not suffocate your breasts by adjusting your bra straps too tightly.
- A bra is a private piece of clothing that should not be shared with others.
- Since every woman has unique curves, it is not necessary that your BFF or sister will have the same bra size as you have.
- While measuring the bust and band size, the measuring tape should not be held too tight or loose as it alters the actual measurements.
Knowing your right bra size lets you choose the bra that best complements your body shape. The above-mentioned bra size calculator works effectively in the case of thousands of women who struggle with finding the right bra measurements. You know, when your breasts start feeling uncomfortable or smothered due to a poorly-fitted bra, this is when you should start taking your bra measurements seriously. When the fit is perfect, you won’t even feel like you have worn a bra. You’ll be in check, at ease, self-assured, and in charge of your day, and this is what the bra size calculator is designed for. There is no replacement for a perfectly fitted bra, and if you are confused upon picking the bra that fits right there, don’t hesitate away from doing your measurements and use the calculator to ease your struggle.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I need to wear a bra?
Wearing a bra is important to keep your breasts in shape, provide support to the shoulders, prevent from breast sagging, and elevate confidence.
What is the right time to start wearing a bra?
You should start wearing a bra when your nipples start showing an impression due to the development of the breast buds. When your upper body starts hanging under clothing, it is time to provide support and firmness through a bra.
What happens if you wear an ill-fitted bra?
Wearing an ill-fitted bra leads into developing bad posture, back and neck pain, straps leaving an impression on the shoulders, and pain around the breasts.
How will I find out about the right bra size?
If your breasts are not spilling out of the bra cups, the straps have enough space to pass through two fingers, and the back of the bra sits straight on the back without moving, it means that you are wearing the right bra size.
What are the different types of bras?
T-shirt bras, Plunge bras, Balconette bras, underwired bras, Cami bras, minimizer bras, strapless bras, convertible bras, and maternity bras are some of the popular types of bras.
When should I replace my bra?
A bra should be replaced after 4 to 6 months as after this time, the bra starts wearing, and its straps get loose on the skin. Everyday cotton bras should not be used for more than six months, while those bras which are worn occasionally can be used for a year or even longer.
A fervent champion for holistic well-being, graces this community with her expertise in health and fitness. With a solid educational foundation in physical fitness and a commitment to empowering others, Sara distills her extensive knowledge and experience into actionable insights. Her writing, firmly grounded in evidence-based practices, aims to demystify health complexities and inspire readers to cultivate sustainable habits for a balanced life. As a certified fitness trainer, Sara offers a well-rounded perspective on wellness. Join Sara on this transformative journey towards a happier, healthier, and more vibrant you.