Are you tired of those big booties and want to reduce the fat buildup from the butts? Suppose you think that a big butt is an intimidating and attractive symbol. In that case, you cannot literally think of the pain the individuals with butt fat carry with them as we know that fat accumulation in certain body areas leads to severe health issues, and this is why you need to work on that specific area where you have fat accumulation whether it is the chest, hip, or the stomach.
A thick butt can have certain health complications, and if you are struggling with any of the health issues arising from having thick butts, there are a few exercises that you should try out to get rid of that stubborn buttock fat. In this blog post, we have compiled a list of a few effective exercises which are proven to reduce the obstinate fat bulge around the hips.
How does Butt Fat Affect Health?
Our lifestyle nowadays requires a lot of sitting time, and how we spend more of our time sitting on our office chairs leads to having more fat layers gathered in the lower body area. There are a few body areas where the fat accumulation is stubborn and extremely hard to get rid of; unsurprisingly, butt fat is among those areas. Many health complications may occur due to thick butts, which proves that you shouldn’t avoid the fat lump at the butts. Since the butt is considered among the trouble spots, any excessive fat buildup around it severely threatens your overall health.
- Excessive fat around the butt region puts more pressure on the lower body region.
- Due to thick butts, your ankles and feet might suffer as extra pressure is put over them.
- The fat buildup around the lower body region increases the chances of cardiac arrest.
- People with fat buildup around the belly and butts are more likely to have increased chances of developing diabetes.
Considering the health issues which occur due to increased butt fat, it is important to not put your health at risk and work on decreasing your body fat and toning the muscles.
How to Make Your Butt Smaller?
If you think that spot-reduction can help you shrink those fat bulges around your butts, you need to rethink, as spot-reduction is not a long-term and effective solution. If you want to cut down fats from the butts, remember the spots where the fat accumulation is fastest usually are the spots where fat reduction is the slowest.
Toning the butt muscles means that you have to work on the entire body and not just only the specific part. To reduce butt fat, you must try exercises involving the entire body’s movement. It helps you achieve a leaner and thinner butt and improves your curve. With consistency, a lot of sweating efforts, and regular training, it is possible to tone the stubborn butt region.
Butt comprises of three major muscles including gluteus medius, gluteus minimus, and gluteus maximus. Below we have suggested the exercises which are really helpful in toning the butt muscles if you keep on practicing these exercises consistently.
Side-Lying Hip Abduction
This is one of the best exercises that help in toning the gluteus medius and the outer thigh. Not only does it help in reducing the thick butt, it greatly contributes to acquiring better stability.
- Lay down on the floor on one side in a position that extends the arm on the outside of the thigh. Bend the other arm and put it under your head.
- Slowly raise your leg above the hip joint and exhale.
- Lower your leg to the starting position while inhaling slowly. Your upper leg should be erect over the lower leg.
- After you finish the required number of reps on one side, change the position and repeat the same on the other side.
Lunges are great for the gluteus maximus and tone your inner thigh muscles. Since during lunges, you are working on one side of your body, you may build functional strength better than other exercises. Interestingly, lunges help strengthen your hips, which reduces the chances of your knees experiencing pain or harm.
- Stand straight with your feet apart at the shoulder-width.
- Put the back knee down with a leg forward until it is just one inch above the ground.
- Step your back knee up, return to the initial position, and do 10 reps.
- Change the side and repeat the process on the other leg.
Lateral Band Walk
Lateral band walk also serves as a warmup exercise, stabilizing the gluteal medius and hip muscles. This exercise is strongly linked to reducing buttock fats.
- Wrap a resistance band around the knees and ensure that the band is tight in its place.
- Spread the legs evenly at the shoulder-width apart while the band is on. Put your hands forward.
- While squeezing your glutes, bend your knees gradually in a squat posture.
- Now, walk 10 to 15 steps in one direction and repeat the same in the other.
Leg Lifting in Donkey Style
This exercise strengthens the gluteus maximus and helps in strengthening the core muscles. Not only is this an effective exercise to lose butt fat, but it also works on shoulder muscles as well.
- Lie down on the floor or yoga mat while your knees and elbows touch the floor surface.
- Slowly raise your upper body while keeping your elbows firmly on the ground. Your head and torso should be straight.
- While your right knee sits firmly on the ground, raise your left leg and stretch it as much as possible, ensuring the left foot points straight towards the ceiling.
- Move your leg down and extend it again. Repeat the process while keeping your right knee firm on the ground.
- Repeat the exercise on one side at least 10 times, and then repeat the process with the other leg.
Steps Up & Down
You can easily do this at home or anywhere if you do not want to get into intense exercises. All you need is to step up and down the stairs at your home.
- Stand straight with both legs together.
- Raise your left leg and step up the stairs, stool, or chair while your right leg should not be moved from its place.
- Now take your left leg back to the starting position and do the same with the right leg.
Some Other Helpful Ways of Reducing Buttock Fats
Weight loss requires a lot of effort and more than just exercise. Although exercise plays a pivotal role in reducing fat from the overall body, there are some other things that you may do to get rid of the stubborn thigh and buttock fat fast.
- Taking care of your diet is the key to controlling your weight, and by a good diet, we mean a diet that is rich in fiber, proteins, beneficial fats, and whole grains. Consider adding more veggies, olives, nuts, avocados, lentils, beans, fish, and legumes to your meal.
- Taking stress results in weight gain by disturbing the metabolism level. Try to destress yourself by following mindful activities, meditation, yoga, and through spending more time around calming nature.
- Lack of sleep increases the chances of fat buildup inside the body. Follow a sleeping routine, and do not deprive yourself of a good night’s sleep.
- Consume coffee, green tea, or chamomile tea for their astonishing benefits in digestion.
- Avoid consuming processed food, soft beverages, and sweetened drinks.
- Skip the elevator and try to use the stairs as much as possible.
- Drink plenty of water; water intake helps suppress appetite, eventually leading to losing calories.
- Make walking your habit and try to go on morning walks daily.
With our sedentary lifestyle, much of our time involves sitting. However, sitting all day, whether it is related to work or not, causes your buttocks to fill out with fat. It becomes agonizing to lose fat once it accumulates on the butts. Through a commitment to following regular, intensive exercises, reducing buttock fat and dents is not a tough job.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs
What are the body areas where the fat accumulation is higher?
In females, the areas where the fat is accumulated faster are the thighs, stomach, and butt; in males, the lower abdomen has faster fat accumulation.
What is muscle toning?
Muscle toning is the process of converting body fat into muscle. Toned muscle helps in muscle strengthening and also keeps your muscles in shape.
Is it possible to lose butt fat?
Through consistently following aerobic and toning exercise routines, it is possible to lose stubborn fat, including buttocks. You may prevent fat accumulation around the buttocks by making a few lifestyle changes and consuming a healthy diet.
What causes fat loss in the buttocks?
People who spend more time sitting on their seats while working are more likely to develop buttock fat. Some people, especially females, may inherit it in their genes or due to certain hormonal changes.
Can walking reduce buttocks fat?
Yes, walking greatly helps reduce body fat, especially the fat from the glutes and butts.
Which sleeping position reduces buttocks?
Sleeping on the side helps reduce butt fat while also helping get good sleep and making the body feel relaxed and pain-free.
How can I lose hip fat permanently?
To lose hip fat permanently, you need to perform toning exercises consistently. Exercises such as squats, lunges, banded walks, and jump squats are highly effective in reducing excessive hip fat.
What foods help slim thighs?
A diet comprising vegetables, nuts, legumes, fish, legumes, beans, olive oil, brown rice, whole-wheat bread, and eggs helps reduce fat and slim the thighs.
How to reduce buttocks size at home for females without exercise?
Ditch the elevator and take the stairs, indulge in some high-movement activities for at least 15 minutes, and cut down on processed and high-calorie food.
What causes hip fat?
Intaking food filled with refined carbs and high sugar concentration results in fat accumulation around the hips. Also, people who spend more time sitting on chairs are more likely to develop hip fat.
John Davis is a passionate content writer with a knack for crafting engaging narratives across various subjects. With a keen eye for detail and a love for storytelling, John brings ideas to life through the power of words. His dedication to delivering high-quality and informative content has made him a trusted voice in the digital realm. When he’s not at his desk, you’ll find John exploring new hobbies and seeking inspiration in the world around him.