It gets very challenging to get the gum out of dog hair as it is very sticky. However, if the bubble gum gets stick on the upper side of dog hair it is easy to remove. On the other hand if the gum sets in the dog hair it will be harder to remove it. Ultimately, you have to cut the dog’s hair to get rid of it.
Let’s have a look at the ways to get rid of gum from dog’s hair:
Ice Cube Method
- Ice cubing is among the best-known methods to remove gum from things. Gently rub an ice cube on the gum. Ice will harden the gum and remove it easily
- After this carefully extract the gum with the help of your hands. You have to be very careful in the stance as the gum breaks into pieces.
- All the things should be done gently so as to prevent your dog from hurting.
Using a Plastic Blade or Knife
- Take a plastic blade or knife and make gentle stokes against the gum carefully.
- Do not haste while doing this otherwise you may harm your dog.
- Also, avoid using a regular knife as you may cut the skin or hair in this way.
Washing Off the Gum
- Giving the dog a bath can be a good option. Damp the dog thoroughly and apply dog shampoo properly
- Avoid using shampoo made for humans as it is dangerous for your god pH.
- Dry off the dog with the help of a dry and warm towel
Use Mayonnaise, Olive Oil, or Peanut Butter to Remove the Gum
- With the help of your fingers apply the oily substance (either peanut butter, olive oil, or mayonnaise) thoroughly.
- Allow the oily material to absorb by the gum for about 3 minutes
- Now carefully comb the hair of dog to get the gum out of dog hair.
You may also be interested in
How to get gum of dryer, carpet, hair, clothing after being washed, shoes, Jeans